Monday, August 29, 2011

DAWN GARDEN

Last week I took these pictures of a friend's garden just as the sun was coming up over the mountains. This is one of my favorite spots in Boquete because of its magical quality which is constantly changing.


I'm putting them on my new zazzle.com storefront, so you can get note cards, mouse pads, T-shirts, canvas bags etc.  Check them out at www.zazzle.com/bettydabney.  Hope you like them!

Dawn Garden
Heliconia psittacora and Cleomes with Fountain

Cleomes
H psittacorum and Cleomes

Finally, here is a wild heliconia - Heliconia latispatha - growing by the side of the road near my house.  According to my friend and heliconia expert Carla Black, this is the most common native heliconia in Central and northern South America.  Wow - such beauty for all of us to enjoy on the roadside.  My gardener and I transplanted a few of them to my garden - we'll see how they do:

H latispatha growing on my road
-bjd

No comments:

Post a Comment