Monday, June 6, 2011

A NEW EXPERIENCE

Today, for the first time in my life, I ate a perfectly ripe banana straight off the tree. My gardener harvested a bunch of bananas and also some plantains from the trees growing just outside the back fence.

This was not the usual banana seen in grocery stores in the States. Instead, the skin had a reddish pattern, and the fruit tasted like smooth strawberry-banana custard. We left half the bunch on the pedestal in the back yard for the birds, and I gave half of mine to the gardener. I may have to go out tomorrow and coax the birds into letting me have the rest.

Mmm - like nothing you've ever experienced.

The most delicious bananas I've ever tasted - and from my own yard.

There are about ten huge banana trees with fruit in different stages of development. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

-bjd

No comments:

Post a Comment