Tuesday, June 28, 2011

CARLA BLACK'S HELICONIA SALE

This weekend, July 2-3, I have the pleasure of selling some of my note cards at Carla Black's world-famous heliconia garden in Volcan. Thanks to Carla for inviting me to share my work with such a discerning audience.  Here are some of the images.  The first group is from her garden. Note that these were taken under field conditions where lighting and composition cannot be controlled.  However, I think they turned out very well. I like them, and hope you do too:

Carla's Heliconia rostrata Jungle
(These are the giant ones,
with bracts several feet long.  Must be seen
to be believed.)
H irrasa in Background with Maranta sp
H lingulata 'Red Tip Fan'
Heliconia lingulata 'Fan'
Heliconia bihai Lobster Claw One
H stricta # 2
Heliconia carmelae
Heliconia nutans
Heliconia pendula
H lingulata 'Red Tip Fan' by Pond
And here are some of Carla's other flowers:
Bird of Paradise Strelitzia reginae
Water Lilly
Nymphaea hybrid 'morado claro'
Nymphaea hybrid 'morado oscuro'
Nymphae Victoria reginae
And finally, some old stand-bys from my and my friend Cora Kent's gardens:
H rostrata from My Night Garden
Cora's Amaryllis
Cora's Hellebore
Cora's Stachytarpheta jamaicensis
Cora's Heliconia psittacorum ‘Andromeda’
and Ti Plant Cordyline terminalis 
Hope to see you at the sale!

-bjd

No comments:

Post a Comment