Sunday, April 24, 2011

AN EASTER WISH

Today is Easter Sunday.  It has been a lovely day here in Boquete, with bright sunshine all day following a nice rain yesterday afternoon.

Here is the heliconia in my front yard, still not fully open.  This was the one I showed you upon my return from a recent visit to the U.S.  I've been following its progress daily, including a period when ants were feeding on its nectar.

I'm not sure how much longer it will take to open fully, but for the time being it is bringing great joy to my life.  It is right by my front door and serves to remind me to look for the beauty in life:

My Heliconia - still not fully open

Here is another recent discovery, this one in my back yard:  a miniature passion flower.  A bit of research has led to the conclusion that it is Passiflora punctata, a Panama native.  I'm guessing it is growing wild, unnoticed until now because it is hidden among the branches of a rather uninteresting shrub.  You can see how small it is compared to the size of my hand:


Passiflora punctata?

On this Easter Sunday, commemorating Christ's passion, it seems appropriate to feature a passion flower.  This tiny secret flower serves to remind us that life can flourish anywhere it wants.

May your life flourish in its renewal, just as mine is.

-bjd 



No comments:

Post a Comment