Monday, January 3, 2011

STEP BY STEP

Today I took the three dogs to the vet and got their International Travel Certificates and Temperature Acclimation Certificates, then took the paperwork to the USDA/AFIS office in Annapolis to be certified.  No problems so far.

Except for the fact I don't know when we'll be traveling!  Just to be on the safe side, I made reservations with my old friend American Airlines to travel to Miami from BWI and leave on an evening flight from Miami to Tocumen-PTY.  The only hitch is that we'd have to spend a night in a hotel in Miami in between.  Then another night in Panama City because the flight doesn't arrive until 8:30 pm, too late to fly to David.  Also made a reservation on Air Panama to fly from Panama City to David on Saturday.

My pet travel agent assures me she has two viable options, which she will tell me about tomorrow.

In any case, tomorrow will be a big adventure when I take the dog's and my pensionada paperwork to the Panamanian Consulate in Washington to have everything apostilled (re-certified).

Yes, it's a lot of bureaucracy.  But will be worth it to have my babies with me in Boquete.

Stay tuned for my adventures tomorrow....

-bjd

No comments:

Post a Comment