Wednesday, January 5, 2011

ADVENTURE WITH THE PANAMANIAN CONSULATE

After missing only one turn, I found the Panamanian Embassy/Consulate in Washington today.  This trip was necessary in order to have them verify (apostille) all the paperwork for me and the dogs.

Went off pretty much without a hitch.  Had to get two personnel letters from the University notarized, but was planning to go back to campus anyway to clean out my office.

So I got that done.  Upon arriving at my office, my colleagues had put a beautiful framed photo on my desk:

My "Family" - You all have a special place in my heart.
(I'm the one wearing red standing in the middle.)

Seeing the picture was the only time I've gotten emotional about retiring.  No tears, just a strong tug at the heart.  I'm so glad that one of my favorite student's two daughters were in the picture too, because I love them as if they were my own children.

So I'll mail the remaining notarized documents to the Consulate tomorrow, and the nice lady who processes them will mail them to my Mailboxes Etc address in Miami, from where they will be forwarded to my mailbox in Boquete.

Only one more thing:  when I got home, I couldn't find my basset hound's new rabies tag to put on her collar.  I had foolishly not put it on at the same time with the Mini Wienies.  This precipitated a mild panic attack.  After a few moments of meditation to calm down, I found the tag buried under some other things on the hall table.

Tickets to Panama City and return are paid for.  Day after tomorrow.  Still much to do, but I'm feeling great about everything.

-bjd

No comments:

Post a Comment