Tuesday, December 14, 2010

ONE MORE MILESTONE

Last night I gave the "final" final exam of my teaching career.  It was a sort of lovefest between me and the students.  One of the students, a professional photographer, took a picture of our class before everyone settled in to write the exam.  Another one brought cookies.  This was the largest class I've ever had - 31 students, which is huge for a graduate-level class.  Yet in many ways it has been one of the best.

So now I'm immersed in grading the exams and getting the grades posted.  There isn't any time to work on sorting through my stuff or getting my furniture sold.  But that will come.

In the meantime, a friend in Boquete has offered to meet me at the airport in David, take my stuff and the dogs in her car, put the dogs up in her house, while another friend of hers, whom I have never met, is going to let me stay in her guest room that first night.  All so I won't have to drive to "my" house in the dark and wake up on my first morning in Boquete without any food in the house.

Then they are going to take me out to breakfast.  How great is that?

This extraordinary kindness is typical of experiences I've had in Boquete.  I hope that, as more and more people discover the wonders of Boquete, it will not lose its essential qualities such as this that make it such a great place to live.

Current Baltimore Weather

Current Boquete Weather



-bjd

No comments:

Post a Comment