Wednesday, December 29, 2010

OF CELL PHONES AND UNDERWEAR

Yesterday my Blackberry Storm died.  RIP.



So now I have a new Motorola Droid 2 Global phone, which is slicker than a greased pig, as we used to say in Texas:



I couldn't figure out why the salespeople were saying all this stuff about Gmail; then I remembered that Android is a Google operating system (Read:  fast internet access).

It also can access the web through Wi-Fi, and has both a touch-screen and a nifty little physical keyboard:


Why am I telling you all this?  Because the Verizon Wireless salesman didn't transfer my Blackberry phone contacts, so I won't be able to call anyone until Friday (when I go back in to pick up the second free phone that was out of stock).  So you'll have to call me if I want to talk with you.  

And by the way, I don't know how to answer incoming calls yet.  But I've set up some nice music for you to listen to while I'm fumbling for the Answer button.

All this happened because I thought it would be good to stock up on cotton underwear at Target.  Cotton underwear is well nigh impossible to find in Panama, so the blogs say.  The Verizon store was just down the street from Target.  Besides, I'm still not sure where my previously worn underwear is in the house.  Perhaps the dogs decided to hide it somewhere for future indulgence. They've been known to do this before, especially when the underwear is dirty.

But you probably didn't want to know that.

So that's what I did yesterday instead of sorting through my things.

-bjd

No comments:

Post a Comment