Someday I'll be the one to find the cure for cancer.(Didn't work out.) Someday I'll win the lottery and be financially secure.(Lousy odds.) Someday I'll write the Great American Novel.(Not at this rate.) Someday I'll be rich and famous and have homes in Aix, Paris, London and Santa Fe.(Not gonna happen.)
- Someday I hope to retire with a roof over my head and not have to eat cat food.
- Someday I would like to be known as a good person who did her best.
- Someday I'll decide whether to be buried or cremated (but not yet).
- Someday I'll decide what I want to be when I grow up.
And there are still a few old dreams that I cling to:
- Someday I'll finally understand the General Theory of Relativity.
- Someday the Secret of the Universe will be revealed to me.
- Someday my son will respect me as an intelligent human being.
- Someday I will have all the time to do all the things I want to do.
In the meantime, I'll keep fine-tuning my dreams, and reminding myself: "A goal without a plan is just a dream."
On the other hand, dreams are nice just for their own sake. The world needs more dreamers and dreams.
May we always remember that dreams, well-formed, and well executed, can make the world a better place. And may we have the courage and conviction to know when to abandon our old dreams that have outlived their purpose.
Here is one of my favorite images:
Texas Highway 21:
This is for all of you out there: may you never forget that dreams can come true - if you allow them to.